Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 15 and 16 #100daysofhappiness

I know this isn't part of the rules of this game, but you know, sometimes we have to improvise. I wasn't able to do my 100 days this weekend. It was a very busy weekend with our tax appointment, lunch at my mom's, shopping, dropping the kids off, date night!!!!! and Sunday we had the family birthday party for Kyle and my two brothers. So I just didn't have the time to sit down and write a blog. Some days are like that.

However, I will try to backtrack when that happens.

Saturday, Day 15- Date Night!! A full night without the kids definitely made me happy! We don't get date nights very often. In fact, I think the last date night we had was back in Sept for our anniversary. So it makes me very happy when they happen! Kyle spent the night at my mom's and Ryan at his friend's. It had been a very busy week and I was exhausted. Normally we go out and do stuff we don't get to do with the kids around, like go out for a drink at Great Lakes Distillery (one of our favorite places), go out for a nice dinner, Comedy Sportz, etc. However, we both just wanted to enjoy the quiet! So we went to a local restaurant for dinner, then came home and watched tv, cuddled up on the couch, which is a rarity lately since Kyle has to sit right between us (he doesn't like to share his mom). It was very relaxing, and incredible to just chill and enjoy the quiet.

Sunday, Day 16- Family. We had a family birthday celebration at my mom's house. My mom, dad, brother Don and his wife Candy, brother Darrell, and my little family were all there. It was nice to enjoy the family and have some time with everyone. My brothers turned 50 this past week, so I'm trying to enjoy them even more now that they are "over the hill"! It really was one of the better family get together's we have had in a while. That made me happy.

No comments: