Tuesday, August 02, 2011

I honestly haven't been in a under a rock for the last 3 years.....

Wow. Really?! I hadn't realized it has been several YEARS since I have posted here. Well. A lot to catch up now on I suppose.

Ryan is now 8 (almost 9) and will be starting 3rd grade next month. Where the heck does that time go? I remember when he was a wee little one in my arms and I had a difficult time forcing an ounce of formula down him. Now the kid eats twice as much as I do! Since he's been in school he also has learned the "attitude". You know the one. The one that says "Hey mom, yeah I may be smaller than you and younger than you, but I know MORE than you do." Yeah, that one. The my-8-year-old-going-on-18-years-attitude. From what I hear from mothers with older ones, it doesn't get any better. Lucky me! lol :)
Ryan was in karate for 2 years (initially started out to help him with focus and discipline issues) but has recently lost interest in it and the issues he needed it for have improved. He does baseball every summer and has been in swimming lessons.
He is still an incredibly sensitive and caring little boy, unless of course he's fighting with his little brother. Then all bets are off.

Kyle is now 4 and will be in 4K next month. He has been in speech therapy since he was 2. He has made leaps and bounds with his speech, though still not perfect. He is still in his Terrible 2's. lol He's what I would call a "challenging" child. He has a huge attitude, along with huge temper tantrums, but has a huge heart :) He can be so difficult at times, but when he's not, he's so lovable. His favorite thing is cars! Well actually any type of transportation: cars, trucks, trains, planes, boats.... if you can get around in it, he loves it. He usually takes one of his matchbox cars to bed with him.
Kyle was in soccer this past Spring, but that didn't go over so well. He was good at kicking the ball and he seems to feel left out with all the activities Ryan is in, so we signed him up for soccer. Yeah. He's not ready for organized, team playing sports yet. All the kids would kick the ball one way and he'd kick it the opposite way. He likes to be his own person, doing things his own way which is usually the opposite of what I'd like him to do. He's VERY independent.

As for me, well I still love to write. I finished the first few drafts of my novel and am still currently editing (that never ends!). I will be taking a writing class later this month that will help in the process of editing it. I did NaNoWriMo last year and actually won! Of course I haven't finished the novel yet but I at least got up to 50,000 words :)

So life has been going well. I will see if I can keep up this blog again. Might help with my writing skills which have been lacking lately. I haven't written anything since NaNo in Nov. I could use the practice!

Glad to be back. :)

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Glad you're back...I've missed you!

Brenda said...

Thanks! feels good to be back!!