Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Trip to St. Paul MN

I just returned from my trip to St. Paul MN to visit my childhood best friend. I had such a blast! We always have a good time together

I almost didn't make it there. The trip there was a complete disaster, but it all worked out in the end. I was supposed to take the bus (it is so cheap!!), however the bus went to the wrong bus stop (seriously) and missed me!! Another woman was waiting with me. She HAD to be in MN ASAP because she is a violinist for the Minneapolis Orchestra and had a concert that night. Anyway, with much discussion and phone calls, we opted to rent a car together and drive up. It all worked out. Thankfully!!

Once that was done and I was finally there, I hung out with Marque for a while until Amy got out of work. Then we made dinner (shrimp YUM!). Then we dolled ourselves up and went out dancing! We were SUPPOSED to see Great White that night.....one of the main reasons I went up there. But the show was canceled...I'm assuming due to the venue. I'm really disappointed that we didn't get to see GW...as Amy and I used to go see them all the time back in the 90's. It would have been really cool to go together again. But alass, it was not meant to be. We went out dancing instead! Had a blast...enjoyed good drinks, good company (her 2 friends came along too), but crappy music. A lot of rap...not my style. But it was fun anyway.

The next day I actually slept until 8:30am! Woo hoo!!! Longest I"ve slept in forever! My normal day starts at 5:15am. LOL
We had a total girlie day. We went to Olive Garden for lunch, then we went shopping all afternoon--I got some really cool jeans, a shirt, very cool shoes, purse, oh..and yes, I did get something for the kids too. LOL Then we came back to Amy's and dyed our hair (hers dark, mine blonde) and did our nails. So girlie LOL That night we went out to a bar/restaurant and had some good happy hour drinks and food. When we came back to the house she made us some apple flavored martinis. YUM. My first ever martini.

I had to leave in the morning at 7am, so it wasn't a late night. (real late anyway). Luckily I made the bus this time and all was good.

I can't wait to go back again. I miss my BFF. We had such a blast. Hoping for sometime after the holidays.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

My goodness...you look HOT as a blonde!