Tuesday, March 04, 2008

It's a sad day in Wisconsin

I believe my heart has just been broken. I am crushed.

Brett Favre has just announced he is retiring. Oh what a sad sad day for Packers fans everywhere.

Honestly, I suppose it is time for him to retire. He has been in the league for 18 years, 17 of those with the Packers. He has broken just about every record possible. He has mentioned that he is just not there mentally anymore to be able to play everyday at Superbowl strength. And I don't blame him. It has to be hard to be "on" every Sunday....and even before then as he needs to prepare for the games.

I will miss him terribly. I love the Packers, but honestly Brett was the main reason I watched the games.

It's the end of an era.

Good luck in the future Brett! Your fans will certainly miss you!

I'm going to go crawl into a corner now and cry for a while.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

You poor thing! I'm not a huge football fan but I do catch a few games during the season and this season was a good one to watch. And you're right...it is indeed the end of an era. After listening to ALL THE NEWS COVERAGE about it yesterday (good grief!), I think he made the right choice. I hope he enjoys his retirement :)

Shawna said...

You really are a die hard fan LOL