Monday, September 10, 2007

Happy Anniversary Sept 11

It is that time again. It is mine and Bob's anniversary-- 8 years. My how time flies. And to help celebrate this momentous occasion, I thought I'd write the story of how we met and started dating. Trust me...it's interesting.

I met Bob toward the end of my senior year in high school. I was very close to a friend of mine named Lisa. We had been off again on again friends since grade school, and senior year we became very close friends again- to the point where we called each other our twin. (we were also both born in May). That spring (of 1993) Lisa and Bob were dating. Since I was close to her, I met him.

My First Impression

My first impression of him was not good. Seriously. I had heard a lot about him, but hadn't met him yet. The first time I met him Lisa and I were at our mutual friend Kathy's house. She had just been confirmed and we were hanging out at her mostly family party. Lisa of course invited Bob. When he came over he was very rude, immature, and treated Lisa like crap. I actually asked her what she was doing with him anyway. I hated him.

However, the more I hung out with him, the more I got to know him. I still felt he treated Lisa like crap, but I started seeing a different side to him. He wasn't all that bad. And he gave really good back massages. :) We as a group (besides the 4 of us there were a few others we hung out with almost every day) hung out all summer. By the time I left for college that fall, I knew I was having feelings for him. Imagine hate turning to love. Even after knowing all that went on in their relationship.....I couldn't help myself. Of course, I never acted upon it, nor did I tell anyone. I always denied it.

How we got together

Most of that year when I would come home from college I hung out with Lisa and Bob. During the early part of '94 they started having issues. Being as I was friends with both, I was stuck in the middle as they would both call me up and tell me their side of the story (which, btw, never was the same). Being young and in love I made the mistake of siding with Bob....without even realizing it. Lisa was ticked and I ended up losing her as a friend. (I would have anyway as she was hanging out with the wrong kind of people at that time and her life was taking a turn for the worse). They broke up the beginning of April. While home for break I talked with Bob and even helped him get Lisa back. (what was I thinking??).

On April 22 I came home from school since my best friend Amy was having a birthday party. While I was in town I figured I'd call up Bob and see what he was doing/how he was doing. During the conversation I mentioned I was going to a party. He invited himself along! He asked if he could go, and I said if he really wanted to hang out with a bunch of high schoolers (Amy is 3 years younger than me so she was a sophomore in high school). Apparently he didn't mind...he even dropped his friend that night to go with me.
So we spent the evening at the party. Many people asked us if we were a couple as we flirted with each other quite a bit. We both said no, we're not. And my lovely best friend that she is (I love her) even tried to get us together. She talked to me that night and had her boyfriend talk to Bob about it. LOL
Anyway, later that night (more like early in the morning...I think it was about 2am) Bob and I were laying on a couch just talking. Amy and her boyfriend were on the other couch, making if I remember correctly. Everyone else at the party had already left. I don't remember exactly what was said anymore, but I do remember Bob kissing me. I also remember Amy's boyfriend yelling at Amy to stop watching us and leave us alone. LOL

So that day (April 23) is the day we started dating. We haven't looked back since. Of course, the first year was tough as he was still getting over Lisa, but I stuck in there. At around 2 months of us dating I just "knew" we were meant for each other. We got married 5.5 years later.

So that's the story of us meeting. Not really one I'm proud of, since in essence I took another woman's man (well, after they broke up), but it's what happened...and I'm ever so grateful. He's the love of my life. :)

Happy 8th Anniversary my love.
From your Pookeybear

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so sweet, now I get the whole story nowonder you get the wrong card. Ha Ha

Shawna said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Glad someone else has this day as a good day :-)

Mary said...

Happy Anniversary, sorry it's a day late.