Monday, September 17, 2007

Date night

This past Friday we had an actual "date" night to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. I had forgotten what a date was it has been so long. We either always have the kids with us or we don't have the money to go anywhere or do anything.

So on Friday I took the boys to my parents' house. We spent the day there, going to rummage sales and various other things. Then at dinner time, when Bob got out of work, I left the kids at their house and met Bob at the restaurant. Ahh...to be able to put the radio on and listen to whatever I wanted was such a pleasure!

We went to Outback Steakhouse, which is normally one of my favorite restaurants. I guess we went on the wrong night. It was somewhat disappointing. I had a peach drink (yummy!)--yes, it was alcoholic (hehe) and Bob had a beer (don't ask me what kind). Those were good. And our server was very pleasant and nice. I ordered the Outback special (an 8oz steak with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed brocoli). My steak was a bit on the tough side, and the brocoli had a nasty taste to it. The pototoes were very good though. Bob had some sort of dish with steak on top of mashed potatoes and covered with pan sauce and mushrooms. His steak was good but seared too much. It wasn't the best we've ever had, but it was nice to actually eat a dinner without interruption (and a hot one at that!). No "mommy can I have more milk?" or "mommy I don't like this" or Kyle crying because he's not being held. Ahhhh. We even tried to spend an entire dinner without talking about the kids....though that didn't last long as we ran out of things to talk about.

After dinner we went home and just spent some quality time together. It was nice to be able to not only sleep an entire night without having to feed or rock a baby, but to wake up and lay around in bed for a few hours! Ahh...life before kids. :)

Anyway, we had a great "date" night and even better morning after *wink wink*. I'm sure it will be our last one until next year's anniversary. LOL

Oh-- and thanks to my dad for paying for our meal! Kudos daddy!! :) I love you!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

We forget that need the opportunity to be adults once in a while!! Congrats on your anniversary!!!