Monday, October 09, 2006

Ryan's birthday

So Ryan's birthday was last week (yikes, I'm far behind on blogging). He had a blast! We gave him a present in the morning, and then spent all morning playing with it! It is his prized possession.....a play chainsaw! yep, that's right. He wanted it because he sees daddy using his to cut down branches from our millions of trees in our yard. My brothers (as lovely as they are *said sarcastically*) has made several references to "Texas Chainsaw Masacre" and thinks Ryan should see it. yeah. Great uncles.

In the afternoon I gave him another present...since he took a nap like a good little boy! LOL I told him if he took a nap he could have another present. Yes, I'm bad. So when he got up (after he actually did sleep!) he opened his next present, which was a book. He didn't seem too thrilled at the time...put it away. But we have read it every night since. It's a book about having a new baby in the house. He also got a card in the mail from Toys R Us, since he's in the birthday club. It came with a gift certificate to get something "special" from the store, along with a $3 gift card. So he wanted to go to the toy store. So off we went!

When we got there he handed in the gift certificate and he got a birthday crown he got to wear, a helium balloon he got to carry around the store (technically mommy got to carry the balloon around) and a cart that says Happy Birthday on it. So off shopping we went. We let him pick a few things out he liked around the store (he only picked 3 things! This child doesn't usually ask for much). At the end we told him he could pick one thing out of the three that he wanted and we would buy it for him. He picked a big tub of legos, which made daddy happy because that's one of daddy's favorite toys. (but guess who gets to play it with him since daddy is usually at work!!)

Afterwards we went out for dinner to Qdoba (yum!) and for dessert to the "ice cream store", or Cold Stone. (mind you, I would much prefer Kopp's, the best frozen custard EVER, but that's a half hour drive to Milwaukee for it, so we just went to the next best thing). After we got home I gave him a bath, got ready for bed, and let him stay up a half hour past bedtime to watch the beginning of the Packer game.

I'd say he had a great time....and sure was spoiled!! But hey, it was his birthday. He really enjoyed it. At the end of the day when I was tucking him into bed, he said to me "Mommy, thank you for the great birthday and for singing the birthday song to me." How sweet! From no prodding from me! :)

I'm glad he had a great time. I can't believe my baby is 4!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds like a fun day!

Mary said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Shawna said...

Sounds like a wonderful day for him , Brenda! And I love the Toy'sR Us birthday club--I never knew they did that...I might have to sign my niece up seeing that my children are brobably too old for it LOL