Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I'm back!

It was an absolutely wonderful weekend....besides missing dh and Ryan!

Thursday we drove, and drove, and drove! Being women and taking many stops, we dragged out a 6 hour drive in to 11 hours! LOL But we stopped several times for potty breaks, stopped for lunch, stopped at Devil's Lake, WI for 2 hours, stopped for dinner, and finally made it to the hotel by 10:30pm! Unfortunately we ran into a problem there. They gave away our rooms! I don't know the details on it...but we ended up having to go to a different hotel about 15 minutes away! At least we got rooms.

Friday was a busy day of shopping! We went to the Mall of America! What an amazing place...so huge! I ended up buying some stuff too! I got a nice maternity dress for the holidays (I have nothing for Thanksgiving or Christmas!), some postcards for my best friend, some legos from the really cool Lego store for Ryan. I wanted to get dh something too but I couldn't find anything at a decent price that he would like. Then we stopped at Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co for lunch/dinner. It was good, but I was slightly disappointed. Everyone was really talking it up and I expected more than what I got. Ah well. It was fun anyway!
Then we headed off to the conference. It was 7-10pm that night. It was pretty interesting. They introduced all the speakers that would be speaking, they had a comedian (who is hilarious btw), and of course praise and worship songs. We all got a packet of brochures and things.

Saturday we were at the conference all day, 9-5. It was incredible! Absolutely amazing! I'd have to say the best experience I've had! Praise and worhsip songs (the worship team is incredible), speakers who moved me, it was all incredible. It's something about worshipping and praising our Lord with 18,000 other women! Truly incredible! I took so much knowledge and God's power and strength with me!
After the conference we went out to eat at Applebee's. Good food, good fun. After coming back, I called dh and talked with him for a bit. That's when it really hit me how much I missed my family. He talked all about what him and Ryan did that day and I felt like I really missed out. I wanted to go back home.

Sunday was the long drive home, though it didn't take nearly as long this time since we only stopped for potty breaks and lunch. We did run into some horrible traffic but we managed to get through it ok. I got home by 6pm.

When I got home, Dh had flowers waiting for me, some candy, dinner on the table. It was the sweetest thing! Ryan made me a card. And they even videotaped Ryan and daddy carving the pumpkin so I could see! So sweet!

It was a great trip and so glad I did it. It was just so hard being away from my family though. But I feel so much closer to God now. God is good all the time; all the time He is good!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like a GREAT trip Bren!! I am so happy that you had so much fun!

That is sooooo cute about your DH taping the pumpkin carving! I LOVE it!!

Cindy said...

Glad you got away and had a good time! We all need a little getaway once in a while.

Shawna said...

You made me want to take a trip and attend a conference LOl Isn't it amazing how much fun being with a group of woman can be...I think we forget that sometimes when we get wrapped up with our families.

I wasn't ready impressed with Bubba Gumps either--went when in New Orleans French Quarter--too commercialized and not very sincere in their efforts to please/serve their customers. I think they know most are tourist/visitors and not coming back to that particular reseraunt.

That being said, can I jsut say what a sweetheart Bob is!!!! What a wonderful husband and daddy!