Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Ryan and the baby

I've been talking about the baby here and there with Ryan...but I know he doesn't quite get the concept yet. I think it might be a rude awakening when we actually come home with one. LOL
But anyway, every once in a while he'll ask "Is mommy having a baby?" and I'll say yes, mommy is having a baby and it's in mommy's belly. then he's satisified and lets it go.

Well, today we were outside with Bob and Ryan and Bob were wrestling around, and Ryan went flying right into my belly. It hurt...but it wasn't anything too bad (like I don't have to go to the dr from the hit). But it did hurt and I said oww, that hurt. Bob asked where and I said he hit the baby. Ryan immediately ran over to me, put his hand on my shoulder, said "I'm sorry mommy" in a sad little voice, and the bent down and kissed my belly and said "baby is ok." It was just so sweet....and the first time that he really showed he understood what I was talking about and seemed ok with it.

In Oct when we get our family pics taken and Ryan's birthday pics taken, I want to get a pic of Ryan hugging and/or kissing my belly (baby). I think that would be so sweet!

*sigh* I love my little boy.

1 comment:

Susan said...

That's really sweet! What a nice boy you are raising!