Saturday, June 10, 2006

How I told....

Here is how I told dh. The last two pregnancies I was so excited over it that I just rushed into telling him. (With Ryan I POAS during breakfast and was so excited I ran out to tell him and showed him the stick over eggs, with the m/c the line was so faint I couldn't tell if it was a BFP or not so I showed him). So this time I wanted to do something different.

I'm due on Valentines day (how AMAZING is that?!!) so I thought I'd get a cake with red flowers on it and write on it Miracle Baby due 2-14-07. Then I got some strawberries (I craved strawberries like you wouldn't believe when I was pg with Ryan) in a bowl. I was originally going to do this all Wed night when I found out....but it would figure his work would not cooperate with me. It was the ONE night he had to work at night!!! He didn't get home until 2am. So I did it in the morning...cake for breakfast!! LOL
I put the cake and the strawberries on the table and he came in the room and smiled. I tried to get Ryan to say "I'm going to be a big brother" but the silly 3.5 yr old that he is refused to say it. (I don't want to say that mommy). So I ended up saying it and dh was laughing. He didn't have teh emotional response I was hoping for, but I know he's happy.
He's probably happy mainly because we don't need to time sex anymore!!! hahaha

I told my parents on Friday. I got a t-shirt for Ryan that says "I'm the Big Brother" and had him wear it to their house on Friday. My mom was the first to see him. She didn't get the concept at first....wondered who gave him the shirt and why he was wearing a t-shirt on a cold day. She kept saying it over and over until finally it clicked! She looked at me with wide eyes "YOU'RE PREGNANT?!" When I nodded she didn't believe me! (of course, I wouldn't have believed it either...after 2 yrs you tend to doubt). It was priceless and I wish I had the video camera.

My dad was at work at the time, so we went to go see him. It took him even longer to figure out the shirt. We practically had to spell it out to him. LOL But once he got it he started crying! I started crying then!! LOL He couldn't stop staying how happy he was! (he's been asking for another grandchild for a while now). It was just so special.

I still have so many more people to tell. I will tell the rest of my family on Father's Day. Then there's the people at church tomorrow and other various friends. The more people I tell the more real it feels. This really is happening!!

No comments: